April 4, 2021
Waterproofing is a fundamental construction requirement. Modern buildings are waterproof, using membranes and coatings to protect the integrity of the structure. However, every year a large number of households and commercial premises report damage and problems that may be associated with inadequate waterproofing of buildings. If you do not stop the penetration of water on time, it will cause serious damage to the building. The service life of a structure depends on its stability, and this is what affects the ingress of water. Therefore, the waterproofing of the building is very important, and in recent times more attention has been paid to it.
The Importance of waterproofing in Buildings
- Building regulations. In accordance with the Building code in UAE waterproofing is one of the important requirements for many construction works. UAE waterproofing contractors follow these guidelines to ensure safe and sustainable use.
- Risk prevention. For any construction it is important to have the right waterproofing solutions to protect the building. If the waterproofing is done poorly, it can lead to damage of property and valuables, and to risk for human health.
- Prevent unnecessary costs. It is wiser to invest in preventive risk measures than to pay for damage repairs. Any building requires regular maintenance to protect it from damage caused by water, roof waterproofing is an effective preventive measure. Repair of a building damaged by water can be very expensive, especially reinforced concrete buildings subjected to corrosion.
What can happen if the building is not waterproof?
- Bad waterproofing creates serious risks to the integrity of the building. Construction projects may suffer structural damage due to poor or insufficient waterproofing of the roof and concrete.
- Cracks in the foundation or joints exposing to water can lead to more serious structural problems. These include leaks, spalling and deterioration.
- Mold growth is also a common waterproofing problem that is difficult to correct. If the building is built of wood or has wooden furniture, moisture from the penetration of water will lead to rotting or delamination of wood.
- Mold spores are also a health hazard. Exposure to this can lead to allergies, asthma, irritation and fungal infections. After studying several cases, WHO issued a report on this issue, which states that water leakage in buildings poses a health hazard, and about 50 terrible diseases are caused by damp stains on the wall.
Tahir Amin Insulation Cont. Company offer you different type of Waterproofing Services to prevent water leakage, building damage in whole uae.